Saturday 27 February 2016

Predictions!




Greetings Strikers, Welcome to another Strike, I have a feeling this weekend is going to be a very interesting one. There are teams who are desperate for a win to pull away from the Relegation zone and other teams who fighting for the title. Let's crack on with my predictions!



West Ham 3 - 0 Sunderland - Big Sam returns to Upton Park with Sunderland who are in desperate need of the points as they languish 19th in the league and below their arch rivals Newcastle. I can't see anything other than a routine victory for The Hammers as they have been in fine form recently. They have a real star in Dimitri Payet and I think he could have a field day against a side who simply cannot defend. It's been a funny season and anyone can beat anyone but I just don't see The Black Cats getting anything.



Stoke City 2 - 0 Aston Villa - I think it's safe to say that Aston Villa are doomed to relegation and I feel a bit sorry for Remi Garde because his players have just given up it seems. Normally when a side goes down, teams come in for their better players but I really don't see of any of the players from Villa getting snapped up. Stoke were very impressive last time out but that was their first win in quite a while. I don't see anything other than a home win here.



Southampton 1 - 1 Chelsea - There is no doubt that Chelsea have improved under Guus Hiddink, not exactly hard though is it? I can see this one being a very tight one as The Saints just don't seem to concede goals and they scoring plenty. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a home win but Chelsea look a bit better and will probably take a point.



Leicester 2 - 1 Norwich - How The Foxes react from their last gasp defeat to Arsenal is going to be very interesting, if they really are going to go on to win the league then you must have a positive reaction to set backs. If this was at Carrow Road then I would be tempted to do Norwich but The Canaries just don't know how to defend so it's a home win but I think it will be a close one.


Watford 2 - 0 Bournemouth - I have been really impressed with Watford this year and they are good at home, they are also well away from the drop. I really like Bournemouth and I hope they stay up but they don't have a plan B, they play some lovely football at times but they are quite easy to play against and I think Watford will win this one easily.



West Brom 1 - 2 Crystal Palace - Crystal Palace are a real strange team, they can look world class one week and clueless the next. I was very impressed with their win at White Hart Lane last week and I think they play with more freedom away from home. West Brom are probably safe but the fans aren't happy at all with the teams performances recently. I think The Eagles will win this one and I think Adebayor might just score here.



Man United 1 - 2 Arsenal - I am not just putting Arsenal to win just because I am a fan, I think after the defeat in the week to Barcelona, the players will want to make amends and what better way to do that and beat United at Old Trafford. Man United have won twice week already, one in the FA Cup against the mighty Shrewsbury and in The Europa League against Midtjylland. I do think some United fans got a little carried away by the performance of Memphis, yes he was good but can he do it against the big boys? United have a lot of injuries and I just don't see then being able to cope with Arsenal. If The Gunners do get the 3 points then the title charge is really on but Arsenal haven't beaten United in the League away in a quite a while but I do think Sunday could be the day.



Spurs 3 - 0 Swansea - This is probably the banker of the weekend, Tottenham are a really good side and they are genuine title contenders this year. Swansea are in real trouble of being sucked into a relegation battle and I think they should write this game off and just look onto next week.




Manchester City 2 - 2 Liverpool - So the first bit of Silverware of the season, I can see this one being a belter with plenty of goals. City were awesome in Kiev on Wednesday and are probably favourites to win this but I just have a feeling Liverpool will edge this in Extra Time. Both of these teams have plenty of goals in them but both are also very poor at the back. I am backing Danny Sturridge to scroe the winner.


Have a good weekend and I will be back Monday for a full round up of all the major talking points!





No comments:

Post a Comment