Saturday 5 March 2016

Predictions!



Well what a massive weekend of football this is, the top of the table is up for grabs and the relegation zone is changing all the time. Today is the biggest North London Derby in history and whoever wins this, must be serious contenders to win the title in May and as an Arsenal fan, I am not overly looking forward to it.




Tottenham 2 - 2 Arsenal - This game is always massive and the rivalry gets bigger and more volatile every year but this one is the biggest one in history. There is so much at stake for both clubs. Tottenham will want to bounce back from the defeat at West Ham where they looked like rabbits in the headlights and just couldn't handle the occasion. They will be bang up for this and they have a chance to go 5 points clear and I don't see them doing the usual Spurs thing and falling apart. Arsenal have been truly woeful this past week, the performance against Swansea was an absolute disgrace and the fans will demand a better display. I have gone for the draw because all form goes out of the window and also because I simply don't have it in me to go against my team, even though I am dreading it because if Spurs play like they have been then it could be a long and horrible day for every Gooner. There is no Petr Cech and no Koscielny who are massive blows but it's time for other players to step up and show why they are playing for Arsenal. A truly massive game between two sides who don't like each other.





Man City 5 - 0 Aston Villa  - Man City have fallen of the cliff in the Premier League in terms of results, 3 defeats in a row and looking shocking all over the pitch but luckily they have Aston Villa at home so this is the perfect way to gain some confidence. Aston Villa are woeful and I don't see them getting another win this season and this season the players have simply not been good enough. If City don't win this then they don't deserve to be in the top 4.




Everton 3 - 2 West Ham - This one could be a cracker with both sides who play very good football, I see a lot of goals and the only reason why I have done Everton to win is because they are at home. The Hammers were superb against Spurs and even they could sneak into the Champions League spots.


Watford 1 - 1 Leicester - This is a really difficult game to call, I have been really impressed with Watford and they were unlucky to lose at Old Trafford where they had the better chances and matched United in every department but were kind of robbed by a dive by Anthony Martial. I love watching The Foxes play, they have some superb players and I think it would be fantastic if they did go on to win the League. These are the games that make or break you and I think Watford will set up to frustrate the league leaders and hit them on the break.



Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Liverpool - I was very impressed with Liverpool in midweek, they outplayed Man City and deserved the points. They have a massive game in the Europa League against Man United so they may have one eye on that. Palace will be desperate for a win because I think some of their fans have forgotten what it feels like.


West Brom 1 - 1 Man United - Man United have hit a bit of form but I wouldn't be shocked if it all goes wrong again and it nearly did against Watford where they got a little bit lucky. The Baggies got a well deserved point at Leicester and will want to build on that.


Short and sweet for today as I have a slight hangover so even typing hurts!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment