Saturday 28 November 2015

Previewwww!


Hello you lovely lot and welcome to another edition of The Weekly Strike. I haven't done one for a few weeks as I have been so busy but I am back!

There are some absolute cracking games this weekend I am going to give my predictions for the top  games that stand out to me.


Aston Villa 1 - 0 Watford - Aston Villa simply have to win this game, it is their Cup Final. Another defeat for Remi Garde's side will push them further adrift at the bottom of the table and in serious trouble. They were awful last weekend at Everton and could have been beaten 10 nil. I can see Villa just about getting the 3 points because the home faithful will demand it. Watford were so unlucky last weekend in the defeat to Man United, if they had taken their chances then they would have got the points. The Hornets could well win this game because Troy Deeney is in good form and with Villa's defence looking very suspect. I predict a very tense game and a home win....just.


Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Newcastle - The Eagles would have been kicking themselves last time out after Sunderland grabbed a very unlucky win. I do predict they will bounce back here as The Toon are in freefall and the Manager is under massive pressure already. Rumours of a fall out between Steve McLaren and some of his senior players does not bode well here. I really fear for Newcastle in this one, they don't score enough goals and they can't defend. An easy home win for Palace.


Leicester 2 - 1 Man United - This one has the makings of an cracker and I don't think it will disappoint. I have said it all season that I have not been impressed with United and on Wednesday in the Champions League it was another woeful display. There is no creative, no pace and no ideas in that team at the moment. LVG is getting away with it because they are sitting very close to the top but if I was a fan, I would be so frustrated. Can Jamie Vardy break the record? There is no reason why he can't, everything he touches turns to goals and the way The Foxes are playing at the moment, I can really see them getting the win.


Tottenham 2 - 2 Chelsea - You have to give Tottenham enormous credit, they are in top form and they could win this, Harry Kane has found his scoring boots and they aren't conceding many. The reason I am going for a draw is because as much I have enjoyed the lack of form of Chelsea this season, I think they will be up for this one, especially after they were tonked here last season. I think Harry Kane will score again in what is always a feisty encounter with no love lost.


West Ham 2 - 1 West Brom - West Ham were pretty average last weekend but did create a few good chances and I think they will bounce back here. West Brom just about got over the line last week in their win over Arsenal but I think they will come up short here.

Norwich 1 - 3 Arsenal - This game is another one of those games that if you really want to push for a title challenge then you need to win and I think Arsenal will have too much for The Canaries who to be fair, do play some good football and I am a fan of Alex Neil. The way Mesut Ozil is playing at the moment is breath-taking and for me, he is one of the best midfielders on the planet. Norwich will create problems and will punish The Gunners if they are not up for it but I can see it being an away win.


Right then, that is that! I will be back tomorrow night for a round up of all the talking points!

Cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment