Friday 11 September 2015

It's baaaaaaack!!!


Hello! Finally the Premier League is back! I hate International breaks, I probably should mention Wayne Rooney beating Bobby Charlton's record and is now Enlgland's all time top goal scorer, although I think Rooney is nowhere near the best striker we have seen in an England shirt.

Right let's crack on with my predictions for this weekend, there are some cracking games so hopefully we will see plenty of goals.

Everton 2 - 1 Chelsea - This is a game that Chelsea daren't lose otherwise they may aswell give up on the title already. Thibault Courtois is missing for Jose Mourinho's side and will be for a while due to having surgery on his knee. John Stones will be eager to impress the Everton faithful after being heavily linked with Chelsea all summer and I think the home side will come out on top, Chelsea do not look right at all and it could be former striker Romelu Lukaku who punishes them.

Arsenal 3 - 0 Stoke - I think Arsenal will come away with all three points as Stoke are a completely different side when they travel away to the Emirates. The Arsenal fans will be expecting to see a first home win of the season after a frustrating summer of being linked with a several strikers but not buying anyone except Petr Cech. Stoke will be missing Charlie Adam and Ibrahim Afellay who both saw red last time out and also Steven N'zonzi will be a massive miss for The Potters.

Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Man City - I really like the way Palace play football and some of their players are class, if Scott Dann or Joel Ward were playing for a top 4 team, everyone would be saying they are world class and their fans will be bouncing after their win at Chelsea last time out. Man City look awesome at the moment and I think they will just edge this but I expect Palace to put up a much better fight than Chelsea did a few weeks ago.

Norwich City 1 - 1 Bournemouth - Both sides will know what they need to do to survive and I can see a draw here. There is no doubt that Norwich are going to rely on their home form to beat the drop and as for Bounemouth they will not change their gameplan of go out and play football.

Watford 0 - 2 Swansea - The Swans are a joy to watch and they will be pushing for Europe at the end of the season. Gary Monk's side came from a goal down to beat Man United last time out and I think they will be to strong for Watford who do play some good football but I fancy Gomis to keep up the scoring here.

West Brom 1 - 2 Southampton - It's going to be an interesting afternoon at The Hawthorns, after Saido Berahino's very public outburst against Jeremy Peace. I think Saido is a very talented footballer but I thought what he done was very classless and I wonder what reaction the Baggies fans will give him. I think Southampton will just about edge this one after getting their season up and running last time out.

Manchester United 2 -0 Liverpool - I can see Man United winning this quite easily because Liverpool were torn apart by West Ham at home and I think Memphis Depay could have a field day here. Anthony Martial may get his debut after his move from Monaco for quite a ridiculous price. David De Gea has signed a new deal which should keep him at Old Trafford until at least next summer.

Sunderland 1 - 1 Tottenham - This game has draw written all over it, both sides can't seem to win games. I do think Harry Kane may grab himself a goal after his goal for England during the week and Jermaine Defoe will look to get one over on his former club.

Leicester City 2 - 0 Aston Villa - The Foxes are looking good at the moment and I expect them to win this one with ease and they have signed a quality player in Gokhan Inler from Napoli who will bring in some extra steel in the midfield.

I will be back Sunday for a round up from all the weekends action and go over all the major talking points.

Laters!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment