Tuesday 29 September 2015

Champions League and Europa League build up!



Hello again! Welcome to a European special where I will be looking at all the games involving the British sides in the Champions League and Europa League and giving my predictions!

Champions League

Arsenal 3 - 0 Olympiacos - I think The Gunners will be to strong for the Greek side and it is a game they must win with the daunting double header against Bayern Munich coming up. Arsenal are in good form and I think they take their chances, it could be an easy win.


Porto 1 - 1 Chelsea - Jose Mourinho returns to where it all began for him and I think this could be a tricky game for his side as they aren't playing very well and the Porto will want to take advantage of that. I am sure Jose will get a very warm reception from the home faithful. I think this game will be pretty tight and that is why I am going for a score draw.


Borussia Monchengladbach 0 - 2 Man City - Surely City cannot be any worse than they were on Saturday against Tottenham but the question still remains, can they put their normally good league form into the Champions League? I think they will be to strong here and I fancy Aguero to grab a goal or 2.

Man United 2 - 0 Wolfsburg - Man United will want to win this game after the very disappointing defeat in Eindhoven last time out and I think even though I am not convinced by them so far this season, they will just about edge past the Germans but they will cause problems.

Europa League

Monaco 1 - 2 Tottenham - If Spurs would've lost on Saturday, I probably would have put this down as a draw but their confidence will be sky high and I think they will be to strong for Monaco, who aren't a bad side as they proved last year against Arsenal but in the second leg, they were all over the place. I fancy Harry Kane to score as that goal at the weekend would have done him the world of good.

Liverpool 2 - 0 Sion - I think Liverpool will win this with not a lot of problems and as Daniel Sturridge is back amongst the goals, I think he will score the goals here.


Celtic 1 - 0 Fenerbahçe - The Hoops will want to get a win after losing their lead to Ajax in the dying embers of the game, I think the home fans will get them over the line.


I will be back tomorrow for a round up of tonight's action!

Until then :)


No comments:

Post a Comment