Wednesday 9 December 2015

Bits and Bobs!


Hello people and welcome to a midweek Strike! Coming up, going to be talking about the shock appointment of Gary Neville to Valencia and the possibility of him maybe managing England one day, Man United's boring football and being knocked out of the Champions League. Also a look at Arsenal's big game in Greece where they have to win by 2 clear goals or a result of 3-2.


Gary Neville to Valencia

I was pretty shocked to hear about Gary Neville being appointed the manager of Spanish outfit, Valencia but I think he has all the qualities to be a success and maybe replace Roy Hodgson as England manager. I really enjoyed Neville's punditry on Sky Sports because the way he explained certain things was pretty fascinating and I found myself agreeing with him on most things. I think he will make a very good manager because if a player isn't putting in a shift then I don't see Neville turning a blind eye. There is no doubt it is a slight gamble to appoint a manager with no real managerial experience but he has a great footballing mind and it is going to be really interesting to see how he gets on and he could actually get further in the Champions League this year than Louis Van Gaal.


Manchester United

Everyone who follows this blog will know how unimpressed I have been with Man United so far this season and last night just summed up how poor they are and how inept their manager is. Louis Van Gaal has spent an absolute fortune in his 18 months and to be honest, I haven't seen much improvement. There are probably three players who I would say are genuine class and they are David De Gea, who keeps United in games on his own and without him they would be midtable and next summer I think they will lose him. Chris Smalling has come on leaps and bounds and is probably the best English centre back at the moment and the other is Anthony Martial, who is still only 20 years old and I think he will be a top player in a few years. The reason I say Louis Van Gaal is inept is because the players he has let go are better than the players he has bought in. Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernandez, Robin Van Persie, Adnan Januzaj, Nani and Angel Di Maria would all do a job for United and probably a better one than the current players. Look at Memphis Depay, good going forward at times but he is the most frustrating player I have ever watched. The amount of times he gives the ball away is unforgivable. Louis Van Gaal should be under massive pressure and last season a top four place was good enough to stabilize the team. This season there are no excuses, this is his squad, his money and I really think that he has to win something this year.


Arsenal's big night

Tonight is a massive game for The Arsenal, I think they can do it but they only have themselves to blame if they don't qualify because results haven't been good enough. As an Arsenal fan, I want us to win every possible game and to be honest if we do end up going into the Europa League then I would want to win it. Every other European Country seems to take it seriously but we seem to turn up our noses at it. It is a trophy end of the day, maybe not quite as glamorous as the Champions League but if you don't want to win a trophy then you should be questioning yourself. There is no doubt that Arsenal will miss Sanchez and Cazorla but the return of Theo Walcott could be a key factor. His pace and recent form could fire the Gunners into the knockout stages. The first goal is key, like Monaco last year when Arsenal scored the French side just gave up and were holding on. I am going for an Arsenal 3 - 0 win tonight. Aaron Ramsey will get on the score sheet as well.



Well that's all for now and I will be back tomorrow for a look back on tonight's action where Chelsea also need a win to guarantee qualification because it would be such a shame to see Jose go out.

Cheers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment