Saturday 31 October 2015

Preview!!!!


Hello people and welcome to another Strike! There are plenty of good games this weekend so hopefully we shall see lots of goals. The early kick off is a belter and it is The Special One coming up against The Normal One as it is Chelsea at home to Liverpool. In my opinion, Jose Mourinho can't afford to lose this game otherwise he may be the next managerial casualty.

So let's crack on with my predictions for the weekend and I have decided to change the format a little bit, rather than do a weekly predictions for every Premier League game, I am going to do my super 6 for the week. 


Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool - I don't see either one of these sides getting the three points, Chelsea are all over the place at the moment and their key players who were instrumental last season are very below par. Eden Hazard who was unstoppable last season is almost unrecognizable and his misery continued in midweek as his penalty miss dumped The Blues out of the League Cup at Stoke. Liverpool will come into this game on the back of a disappointing draw last week to Southampton and a scrappy win in the Cup at home to Bournemouth and I think this game has a score draw written all over it.


Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Man United - This one could be a very tight one, Palace were thumped in the Cup at The Etihad and will look to bounce back in front of their fans. Where do I even begin with Man United? They were pretty awful against Middlesbrough and it was another poor performance from Wayne Rooney who saw his penalty saved as well as Ashley Young's. I hear a lot of United fans who claim that Rooney is their best player, well if a player who doesn't score goals, doesn't create goals and who misses penalties is your best player then it must say a lot about how poor your team is. Either side could nick this but I am going for a score draw.


Swansea 1 - 3 Arsenal - Somehow I don't think that Arsene Wenger will pick the same side that got outplayed, outthought and outfought in Sheffield on Tuesday night. Swansea are not the same side that were playing some lovely football at the start of the season and that is why I think Arsenal will win this one, despite the injuries to key players quite comfortably. I also fancy Oliver Giroud to keep up the fine goal scoring form he is in at the moment.


Watford 1 - 2 West Ham - West Ham are a good footballing side and what Slaven Billic is doing there deserves a lot of credit and I really think he could lead West Ham to a top 6 finish. They were brilliant last week against Chelsea last week and I can see them grabbing the points here. Watford were absolutely awesome away at Stoke last weekend and it was good to see Troy Deeney score his first goal of the season but I just think The Hammers will just about edge it.


Everton 2 - 1 Sunderland - I was at The Emirates last week and I thought Everton played some lovely football at times and were a tad unlucky not to grab point but once again is the defending that let them down but I think they will bounce back here. Sunderland for 45 minutes last week were terrible and were lucky not to be a goal or 2 down but that dubious penalty and the red card to Coliccini just before half time changed the whole game but they always seem to beat Newcastle but I don't see them getting anything at Goodison this weekend.


Tottenham 3 - 0 Aston Villa - Aston Villa are in turmoil at the moment and sacking Tim Sherwood without having a replacement is madness, I think this could be a real tough one for The Villa and Spurs were pretty good last week at Bournemouth and I think if Harry Kane wants to, he could grab another hat trick.


So there are my Super 6 for the weekend! I will back tomorrow for a review of todays games and all the big talking points!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment