Thursday 27 August 2015

Brugge Clubbed by Wazza


Hello people and welcome to a Champions League special where I will be going over last nights second leg between Club Brugge and Manchester United and goals by Wayne Rooney

Manchester United eased their way into the Champions League group stages with a comfortable 4 - 0 win over Club Brugge last night. I have been a critic of Wayne Rooney recently but sometimes you have just got to hold your hands up and give credit where credit's due and last night he definitely silenced some of the doubters with a very cool hat trick. The first was a lovely dink over the keeper after a dangerous run by the Memphis who Brugge just couldn't handle over the two legs. Rooney's second was a brilliant team goal which ended with a simple tap in and the hat trick goal was another good finish from the United forward. Ander Herrera also got in on the act after a beautiful pass from Bastien Schweinsteiger. The argument will rage on about if Wayne Rooney is world class and in my honest opinion, I think he is a good player but I don't think he is world class.

Another player I would like to talk about is Javier Hernandez who had the chance to get on the score sheet but his unfortunate slip stopped that but it's the absolute sitter he missed from about 6 yards after a fantastic cross from Ashley Young, I have no idea how he managed to sky it. There is no doubt in my mind that United to need to sign a striker before the window shuts next Tuesday because although Rooney was supreme last night, they still seem a bit light up top. I have seen that LVG wants to play Fellaini as a striker this season which in some games where the defence is physical that could work but the man has no pace and I just don't understand it. The big Belgian has a presence because he is a lump and will win pretty much every header but I don't see him as a striker.

There will be tougher games to come for United in the Champions League, as good as they were last night, Club Brugge are no Bayern Munich or Barcelona who they could face in the group stage. Talking of the group stage, the draw is today which always goes on for about 4 hours before they start it.

Well that should be all for now but I will be back tomorrow for my Premier League predictions and also I will go over who all the English draw in the group stages.

Until then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment