Thursday 6 August 2015

Numero Uno



Hello people, welcome to my new weekly blog where I will be giving my honest opinions on the weeks football. I decided to write my own blog because earlier this Summer I found myself glued to the Women's World Cup, random friendlies and the Gold Cup, so I decided as I love watching football and talking about football, why not do a blog?

So a perfect place to start would be The Community Shield where Arsene Wenger FINALLY got one over on Jose Mourinho and as an Arsenal fan I was absolutely delighted but I will do my best not to be biased. A lot was said about the non handshake between the two managers but not a lot was said about the beauty of a goal which Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain smashed into the Chelsea net.

Talking of Arsenal, reports are coming out that Jack Wilshere has got another ankle injury, yes another one! I love Jack and think if he actually was able to complete a full season he really could be a world beater but his constant injuries are a worry and he reminds of a certain Marco Van Basten who had all the talent in the world but his ankle forced him to retire at 28 and I fear that Jack is sadly heading that way.

In other news it's the 2nd legs of the Europa League tonight with Southampton 3 nil up against Vitesse, so that should be enough to see them through but West Ham have a difficult tie against Vauxhall Astra after throwing away a 2 goal lead last week, not exactly the ideal preparation for the upcoming start of the season which begins against Arsenal on Sunday.

Well that shall do for now and I will back next week! enjoy the football this weekend!

1 comment: