Wednesday 19 August 2015

Weekly Stuff


Hello people and welcome to a midweek Strike where I will be going over the Monday night game between Liverpool and Premier League new boys Bournemouth. I will also be going over Man United first leg victory over Club Brugge and the form of Wayne Rooney.

So let's begin at Anfield where on Monday night, Liverpool got a very fortunate win against Bournemouth in a game where if the Linesman actually done his job correctly then the Cherries may have got their first points of the season. I thought the change in the offside rule would make it clearer what is offside and what isn't but it has made it even more confusing! Phillipe Coutinho must have been about 5 yards offside and must have been interfering with play as the keeper was clearly distracted. Another massive talking point was the disallowed goal for Tommy Elphick which was never a foul I think the Cherries should have got a point at least. We also saw probably the worst free kick in the history of free kicks after James Milner hit the ball so far over and wide I am not sure if it has come down yet.

On Tuesday night, Manchester United returned to the Champions League and I think Brugge caught them by surprise after taking the lead with a Michael Carrick own goal. Memphis Depay was in absolute cracking form with 2 quality goals but the second was a corker and I think United may finally have a player who can create something out of nothing. The third goal probably has settled the tie but Brugge did cause the defence a few problems and if they get an early goal next week it could make an intriguing second leg.

Another talking point is the form of Wayne Rooney who doesn't look right to me, although he had some nice touches on Tuesday night he looks poor. This isn't to say Wayne Rooney is no longer a good player but I think the days of him scoring 20-25 goals a season are well and truly over. United will be up there at the end of the season but I really think they should get in a striker before the transfer window closes because although they have Hernandez and James Wilson as options, I don't see either of them scoring enough goals.

I will back Friday for my Weekly predictions! Have a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment