Friday 21 August 2015

Premier League Predictions


Greetings and welcome to another Weekly Strike and once again I will be giving my predictions for the upcoming weekend!

Manchester United 3-0 Newcastle United - I have gone for a comfortable United win here as I think they will breeze past a Newcastle side who can't seem to defend but it is a funny old game and The Toon may turn up but I just can't see it. I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne Rooney scores a goal or 2 after going 9 games without a goal.

Crystal Palace 2-1 Aston Villa - I thought Palace played some good football last week in the defeat against Arsenal but I expect them to grab 3 points here as the home fans will be the 12th man and Yohan Cabaye to pull the strings. I said at the start of the season I think Villa won't score enough goal but I think they will get at least one here.

Leicester City 2-0 Tottenham - The way The Foxes are playing at the moment I can see them winning this quite comfortably against a Spurs side who are becoming heavily reliant on Harry Kane to score the goals and they must improve at the back otherwise Leicester will walk it.

Norwich City 1-2 Stoke - Although The Canaries were very good last week at Sunderland, I think Stoke will get their first win of the season as I think they will be to strong for the home side. We may also see Potters new boy Xherdan Shakiri who is a top signing.

Sunderland 0-2 Swansea - I said it last week that surely Sunderland cannot be much worse than the opening weekend and they were so I expect another defeat for Dick Advocaat's men who look absolutely awful all over the pitch. The pocket rocket Jefferson Montero will have a field day if the Sunderland defence don't do their jobs properly. A banker away win for me.

West Ham 1-1 Bounemouth - This game is a tough one to call, I thought Bournemouth were very unlucky against Liverpool on Monday and I really see them getting their first goal and point of the season. West Ham are a funny side, will play superbly away at Arsenal but not so well at home to Leicester.

West Brom 1-2 Chelsea - If their is a game where Chelsea should win then it is this one, they were completely and utterly terrible at The Etihad and could have lost by 5 or 6. If Chelsea fail to win here and City win then it is 8 points and that is a massive gap already, The Baggies will be no pushover though but I expect the Blues to just edge it.

Everton 1-3 Manchester City - The way City played last week was at times breath-taking and I think they will prove to strong for an Everton who were brilliant last weekend but I see City cruising this one.

Watford 1-0 Southampton - I have gone for The Hornets to just edge this as something doesn't seem right with The Saints, they were unusually terrible last week. I really like Southampton and think Ronald Koeman is a top manager but I am not sure if they have the strength in depth to cope with two games in a week but it was brilliant to see Jay Rodriguez back on the score sheet on Thursday night.

Arsenal 3-1 Liverpool - This isn't a biased opinion before you wonder, I thought Liverpool were very lucky against Bournemouth with the offside goal and the disallowed one and I think if they were playing a team with just that little bit more quality in front of goal they wouldn't have come away with the points. Arsenal got back to winning ways last week with a very hard fought victory over Palace and this is the first real challenge to see what they are really made of however if they don't watch Christian Benteke then he could have a massive impact unlike when he last played against The Gunners at Wembley.

Well that concludes my predictions and I hope you all have a good weekend! Cheers for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment