Friday 14 August 2015

Weekend Predictions!


Hello People!

Well we finally made it to the weekend and tonight we have the return of Friday night football which is a bit strange to say but more football on TV is never a bad thing!

So my predictions for this weekend are,

Aston Villa 1-2 Manchester United - I see this game being quite a tight one, Villa will be in good spirits after their opening weekend win at Bournemouth. I think Rudy Gestede will cause the United defence a few problems because he is very physical and will be interesting how Chris Smalling or whoever plays their deals with him. I can see Man United just edging this because of the quality of their attacking players.


Southampton 2 -1 Everton - Both sides drew 2-2 on the opening weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if a same score was repeated but I really think The Saints will come away with the 3 points because at home they are a good side and the Everton defence looked a little edgy last weekend.


Sunderland 1-0 Norwich - I can see this game being very cagey as both sides will want to bounce back after opening weekend defeats, wouldn't surprise me if this ended up a nil nil draw but I am going to go for The Black Cats to just about edge this.


Swansea 3 -1 Newcastle - I thought Swansea were very unlucky last weekend not come away from Stamford Bridge with all 3 points. The Toon seems a happier place under Steve McLaren but I think this game has a Swansea win all over it especially if they give the ball to the pocket rocket Jefferson Montero who is going to cause havoc this season.


Tottenham 1 - 1 Stoke - This is another one which I think will be a very close encounter, Spurs will want to improve on last weekend. Stoke have bought another Champions League winner in Xherdan Shakiri who is a very good player. If Spurs have found Harry Kane after going missing against Man United then they may edge but I feel a score draw.


Watford 1 - 0 West Brom - The Hornets will be buzzing after a very good display last time out at Goodison Park and I think this could be a first win of the season for them. West Brom were pretty awful against Man City last Monday and will be looking to bounce back.


West Ham 2 - 2 Leicester - I can see this game being a bit of a goal fest if I am honest, West Ham were absolutely brilliant against Arsenal and their fans will be in full voice. Leicester blew Sunderland away last week and had the game wrapped up after half an hour. Both teams have some very good players in their ranks and this could be the game of the weekend.


Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Arsenal - The Gunners must improve from last weekend and they have a good record at Selhurst so could be the perfect place to respond. Crystal Palace were very good last time out and their fans will be as loud as ever and this will be a difficult test for Arsene Wenger's men but I think they will bounce back.


Man City 1 - 1 Chelsea - How often are these games billed as the biggest of the season but they never really are? I see this game being a draw because they will cancel each other out. The only thing that everyone will be watching is if a Chelsea player goes down and the medics come on to probably treat Eden Hazard who would have fallen over as normal and how long the camera is on Jose Mourinho.


Liverpool 2 - 0 Bournemouth - The score would seem a comfortable win for the Reds but I think the new boys will cause a lot of problems for the Liverpool defence but I think the home side will have enough to do the job.


Hope you all have a lovely Friday and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment